Once the script is written, the only thing to make it come alive is the talent of the actor. When the words are spoken honestly, the character becomes alive with personality and believability.
WITHOUT THE ACTORS WE WOULD HAVE A BOOK
Who Can You Trust?
Hollywood is one of the most exciting places on earth as well as one of the most disingenuous at the same time. As a creative person we tend to let others guide us through the trenches. Before you “make it” it seems like the road ahead is very long an unforgiving.
Once you “arrive,” the players come in and turn you into a commodity, which isn’t so bad since you are working at your loved craft and making money. Yes, there is a “but” to this.
BUT quite often the role of a life time is never passed along to you because some one can’t get his/her hand deep enough into the cookie jar to make it worth while to pass the script along or you might be traded for a favor owed. Yes, this does go on behind closed doors; stock brokers call this type of trading commodities; Hollywood calls it packaging.
It is time to stop the madness
take control of your career!
Agents and managers are needed and desirable. I applaud their tenacity and abilities. BUT who is really in your corner as a confidant? Who is working closely with you for the sole benefit to you? Who can you call day or night to talk through issues and feel safe that it will not be leveraged?
Working with John was like picking up where you left off with an old friend. He is very genuine and honest, he’s not afraid to tell you like it is! All you need in this business or any is one person to believe in you. That is what John has been to me, an experienced, trustworthy, confidant who believes in you!
The first question to ask is what is an actor?
The dictionary defines it as:
ac·tor [ áktər ] (plural ac·tors)
- performer in plays:somebody who acts in plays, movies, or television
- somebody who pretends:somebody who pretends to be somebody else or to feel something so as to impress or deceive
While the definition gives the word meaning, the core of the actor is missing in the definition. Actors work hard and should be rewarded for their efforts. But how do you get to that point?
I have successfully helped actors with a way to get where they want to go. The first step is to understand how I define the word actor. Simply put:
A = Attuned (To all of life’s experiences to draw upon)
C = Creative (Interpret the character in a unique way)
T = Talented (This comes from hard work and training)
O = Obsessed (Eat, drink, sleep, and do your craft with unresolved passion)
R = Rewarded (You must be rewarded for your hard work)
If you do the leg work and accomplish the ………The “” will always follow.
So – How can I help Your career?
Here are some of the ways we will work together to develop your acting career.
- Tools in getting an agent
- SAG – How to get in
- Promoting yourself (Marketing campaign)
- Putting a spec reel together
- Pick the right picture for yourself (and the right photographer)
- Learn the most valuable character part as an actor – Sell yourself!
- Identify your strengths and work with them
- How to approach casting directors
- A collaborator in picking the right script/part for your career
- Actor’s tools in auditions
- What to do
- What not to do
- How to get that part
- Acting in commercials
- Acting in film
- A confidant to you
- Honest evaluation
Hiring A Consultant for your company
The big picture is that you will receive extensive experience in business intelligence in the Entertainment Industry.
Together we will establish your goals and set them into motion.
Consulting will offer you the following 15 benefits:
- Work with marketing to bring new ideas for additional revenue
- Evaluation of current business processes and or problems
- ROI on current and new processes
- Suggestions for improving existing workflow
- Cross division and vendor evaluation efficiencies
- Benefit from expert evaluation and discussion of the value in tying new technology to your current business processes
- Establish measurable metrics in dealing with clients
- Receive an honest discussion about the business without employee leveraging or personal agendas
- Create strategy for preempting damaging blog assaults
- You determine how much or how little information you want to gather or share
- Full staff evaluation, as desired
- Review and improve customer service
- No long term employment commitment
- No payroll taxes , medical or fringe benefits to pay
- Pre-establish the amount you are willing to spend